Last Revised on January 30, 2023
Welcome to www.myrevea.com (the “site”).
www.myrevea.com is a service of Compass Beauty Inc. ( “we,” “us,” or the “Company”).
2. Information we may collect about you
- Registration details you provide when you create an account, such as your name, email address, telephone number, birthdate, username and password.
- Information you provide related to your skin health condition, including, but not limited to: skin related cosmetic symptoms; triggers you associate with your skin symptoms; medications you take; and other medical or health issues.
- Information you provide when you access or use the Services and each time you interact with the Services or otherwise with us, for example, when you update Information in your account, communicate with us by telephone or email, and order or download updates. We also store Information about the products you purchase through the Services, such as the product specifications, date of purchase, and details relating to any support issue.
- Information you provide to the Services, including using our review, comment, testimonials, post or similar functionality. As noted below, if you provide such Information to the Services, we will identify you by your initials when posting such Information to any public or semi-public part of the Services, including the Sites.
- Usage, viewing and technical Information, including your IP address or device identifier when you use the Services. If you access your account from a mobile device, that mobile device may also provide us with details of your location. Most mobile devices allow you to disable this functionality.
3. How we collect your information
- We collect Information you provide to us when you: register with us; input Information into the Services; create user generated content; request products, services or information from us; respond to customer surveys; or otherwise interact with us or the Services.
- Each time you access the Services, Revea collects some information to improve the overall quality of your online experience. For example, Revea collects aggregate queries for internal reporting and also counts, tracks, and aggregates our users’ activity into Revea’s analysis of general traffic-flow on the Services.
- We collect Information through unique identifiers (such as IP address or your mobile device advertising identifier). An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that automatically identifies the computer/device you have used to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the web pages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider.
- Social media features and widgets. Our Services may include Social Media Features, such as the Facebook "Like" or "Share" button and widgets ("Features"). These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. They may also allow third party social media services to provide us information about you, including your name, email address, and other contact information. The information we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the third party social media service. Features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statements of the third party companies providing them. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Third party services (e.g., social media). If you use a third party site, such as Facebook or Twitter, in connection with our Services to communicate with another person (e.g., to make or post referrals or to request that we communicate with another person), then in addition to that person's name and contact information, we may also collect other information (e.g., your profile picture, network, gender, username, user ID, age range, language, country, friends lists or followers) depending on your privacy settings on the third party site. We do not control the third party site's information practices, so please review the third party’s privacy statement and your settings on the third party’s site carefully.
- Third party sign in. You may create a Revea account and/or sign in to our Services using an account you created with a third party service, such as Google. If you provide authorization to Revea, we will collect and use the information you share with us via that third party service (such as your email address, name, and date of birth as specified in your third party service account) in accordance with this Privacy Statement. You are responsible for managing your credentials for your third party service account, and for maintaining the security of your third party service account. Revea does not have access to the credentials for your third party service account. If you choose to use third party sign in and you lose access to your credentials for your third party service account, you may not be able to access your Revea account. You may manage authorization for third party sign in through your Revea Account Settings or through your third party service account.
- Information related to our skin analysis and testing services
- Should you choose to make use of our skin analysis and/or skin biological testing services, you must use create an account and visit a Revea location, use the mobile diagnostic application, or purchase and/or receive as a gift, one or more Revea assessment kits. Such diagnostics appointments, application, and/or kit will measure and quantify one or more skin profile and/or biological aspects of your skin, such as but not limited to: hydration, microbiome, skin tone, skin smoothness, skin barrier integrity among others. Collectively termed your skin bio-profile.
- Your skin bio-profile will be linked with your Revea account and other Revea services to provide a better user experience via product recommendation and product development.
- Your skin bio-profile will be analyzed by Revea or trusted third party laboratories.
4. How pi provided by you may be used
The ways in which we may use your Information include the following:
- To provide you with the Services and other products and services you request.
- To administer your Revea account, respond to your inquiries and send you administrative communications.
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you details or updates about features of the Services or changes to our policies.
- To create anonymized and aggregated data sets that may be used for a variety of functions, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and other functions.
- To personalize content and experiences and advertising.
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- To optimize or improve the content, products, services, and features of the Services.
- Perform research & development activities, which may include, for example, conducting data analysis in order to develop new or improve existing products and services, performing quality control activities to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Services, to deliver content or features that match user profiles or interests
- To monitor and analyze the Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the services.
- To send you offers and promotions for our other products and services.
- To process, analyze and deliver your skin bio-profile results as described above
- To use your skin bio-profile in our research and product development, for the purpose of creating better product recommendation, new skincare products, new digital services, new skin assessment kits, and/or devices, and to provide consumer feedback on aggregated skin traits.
- To develop aggregated insights, trends, analysis, and research using de-identified PI, which may be published internally or publicly as articles, research papers, or other content using and/or based on the aggregated de-identified PI.
- To contact you as new services in which your skin bio-profile is used become available, and/or new insights around your skin biology emerge via our own or external research findings.
- To allow you to share your PI with others. Revea gives you the ability to share information, including aspects of your skin bio-profile, through the Services. You have the option to share directly with individuals with Revea accounts through (i) our Forums and (ii) other sharing features and tools. You may also have the ability to share information directly with individuals who have not participated in our Service via a unique, shareable URL or through a social media platform (such information is "User Content"). Some sharing features, including receiving sharing invitations, may require that you opt-out, however you will always be required to take a positive action, such as opting in, to share PI.
- You should be thoughtful about your sharing choices. Once you have chosen to share any PI, the individuals with whom you share this information, may also use or share your PI.
- To recruit you for external research. Research is an important aspect of our Services and we want to ensure interested participants are aware of additional opportunities to contribute to interesting, novel scientific research conducted by academic institutions, healthcare organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and other groups. If you have chosen to participate in Revea Research, from time to time we may inform you of third party research opportunities for which you may be eligible. If you do not wish to receive these notifications, you can opt out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some cases, Revea may use PI submitted by you, such as your answers to questions or surveys about our products or services, your demographic or geographic information, to demonstrate the value of its products and/or services in marketing and/or advertising materials or media. In such cases, Revea shall not identify you as the source of such information without your express consent, and absent such consent, shall ensure that any such presented information is anonymized so that the information will not be attributable to you when and as presented.
Disclosures to Third Parties
We may share your PI outside Revea in the following circumstances which you consent to:
- We may disclose your PI when you request our referral services to forward or share certain content with a friend, such as an email inviting a friend to use the Services or sharing certain content from the Services with a friend.
- We may disclose your PI to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or governmental regulations, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We may also disclose your PI if we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law or regulation.
- We may share your PI in connection with the sale of a business (including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings).
In addition, we may share Non-PI and anonymized and aggregated data sets with third parties, alone or in combination with the Non-PI of other users.
5. Posting review or other comments to the services
If you submit a review or provide other comments to the Services, and we display such comments on a public or semi-public part of the Services, we will identify you by the first name or initials you provide.
6. Your controls and choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your Information. Your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account.
- You may change your choices for newsletters and alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services.
- You may request access to the PI we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your PI, by modifying your profile or by contacting us at email@example.com or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect PI from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific PI about you that we process or retain, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Referrals / Links
8. Mobile messaging sms
We value your privacy and the information you consent to share in relation to our SMS marketing service. We use this information to send you text notifications (including educational content), text marketing offers (including giveaways, sales, and other promotions) and transactional texts (including requests for reviews and order updates (such as abandoned cart reminders)). Opt-in data and consent for text messaging will not be shared with any third parties except for messaging partners, for the purpose of enabling and operating our text messaging program.
10. Response to “DO NOT TRACK” signals
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Revea and the Services do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
11. Children’s privacy protection
We do not seek or knowingly collect any PI about children under 16 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected PI from a child under 16 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 16 years of age who has provided us with PI, you may contact us to request it be deleted.
13. California privacy rights
As a California resident, you may contact us with any questions or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose Information for such third parties’ marketing purposes and the categories of Information we may disclose. See How to Contact Us below.
14. How to contact us