Ingredient Highlight: Niacinamide & Y-Oryzanol
October 28, 2022
Revea’s multi-faceted moisturizers are formulated with Niacinamide & y-Oryzanol to boost radiance & strengthen your skin’s barrier. Let's dive into the science behind these two powerful topical ingredients.
Also known as Vitamin B3, niacinamide is a potent ingredient that contains the following properties:
- Anti-Acne: Decreases sebum (oil) production
- Anti-Inflammatory: Helps fight inflammation & decrease skin redness
- Anti-Pigment: Helps prevent and treat hyperpigmentation, dark spots, & melasma
- Anti-Aging: Boosts collagen production, brightens skin tone, & diminishes dullness
- Anti-Dryness: Increases skin barrier strength & enhances overall radiance
At the cellular level, niacinamide acts as an antioxidant, decreasing inflammation and free radical damage. It also helps inhibit pigmentary changes and transepidermal water loss, keeping the skin hydrated and even in tone. Niacinamide’s cellular roles correlate with its clinical use as a moisturizing ingredient.
A complex mixture of several active antioxidant molecules (steryl ferulates), Gamma Oryzanol is extracted from Japanese rice and serves as a powerful skin protectant. y-Oryzanol contains the following properties:
- Anti-Dryness: Stimulates the sebaceous glands, balances oil production, strengthens the skin barrier, & alleviates skin dryness
- Anti-Inflammatory: Inhibits oxidative stress caused by oxygen radicals, reducing the pro-inflammatory effect of certain neurotransmitters
- Anti-Pigment: Slows the process of melanin pigmentation by intercepting the UV rays at the skin’s surface, preventing transmission
- Anti-Aging: Fights against collagen degradation, preventing wrinkling and rough texture
Used widely in Japanese medicine and skin care, all our moisturizers are formulated with this potent ingredient to leave your skin soft and protected.
Revea’s Custom Moisturizers
The main function of an effective moisturizer is to help the skin retain optimal moisture levels and increase overall hydration. Our skin naturally loses moisture through evaporation which can lead to dehydration, volume loss, and cracks. By applying a facial moisturizer morning and night, the skin barrier is protected, boosting elasticity and overall radiance.
Because texture preferences differ widely, choose your custom Revea moisturizer formula from four different textures: an aqueous gel with a mattifying effect, a gel cream, a unique water-in-oil, and a rich cream. Regardless of texture, all Revea moisturizers are formulated with niacinamide y-Oryzanol, offering the same level of hydration, protection, & antioxidation. Choose the unique viscosity tailored to your sensorial preferences.
At Revea, our ingredients are sourced from best-in-class international suppliers selected based on publicly available studies on the mode of action and proven clinical efficacy to deliver trusted results. Full toxicology and safety dossiers are available for all Revea raw materials to ensure your safety with no irritation or other skin reactions. The ingredients we utilize offer different mechanisms of action to work on various biological pathways. Our formulations are free of fragrance, colorants, silicones, phthalates, and parabens. Revea is also cruelty-free. Our packaging is sustainable and refillable.